Business Law & Forming Corporations and LLC’s in Virginia
The lawyers with Smith & Wells, P.C. advise owners and officers of businesses and corporations in a variety of business matters. Our representation includes helping aspiring business owners during the formative phases of entity selection, ongoing business transactions, and contract drafting. If you are a business owner or are thinking about starting your own business, contact a lawyer from our firm to arrange your consultation.
We concentrate in the following areas of business:
- Assisting with starting and operating a business in Virginia.
- Advising of the advantages and disadvantages of sole proprietorships, partnerships, corporations, limited liability companies, and unincorporated associations in Virginia.
- Drafting and preparing thorough and legally accurate contracts for any business situation.
- Negotiating the lease, purchase, or sale of land, office space, manufacturing facilities, or retail operations through the contract preparation and closing phases.
- Employer/employee disputes, employment contracts, covenants not to compete, wrongful discharge, arbitration, mediation and litigation in Virginia.
- Serving as registered agent for corporations, including receipt of judicial service of process, annual report and corporate minute preparation, and counsel and advisement services to all business entities.
- Developing buy/sell agreements and transfers of ownership within a corporation. Providing advisement services on all corporate operations or any other business entity.
- Handling the complex legal issues involved in merging, purchasing, or selling companies, their assets, or stock.
- Franchise purchase, sale and dissolution agreements, and review of all franchise contract documents.
Contact us at 804-794-8070 or via the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.