Commercial Litigation in Virginia
The attorneys at Smith & Wells, P.C. understand that litigation can take an enormous toll on you and your business. When a dispute arises, our business attorneys explore all reasonable solutions and alternatives to litigation. Often, the monetary and emotional expense of litigation can be avoided with sound advice. However, litigation is sometimes inevitable. In those cases, Smith & Wells, P.C. brings a wealth of corporate knowledge and trial experience to corporate litigation matters.
Work in the area of corporate litigation includes:
- Serving as defense counsel for businesses such as corporations, limited liability companies, and sole proprietorships;
- Representing businesses against claims of fraud and tortuous interference in the sale of its business; and
- Representing business clients in all of the Courts throughout the State of Virginia.
Corporate Lawyers in Midlothian and Richmond, VA
The attorneys with Smith & Wells, P.C. share a diverse corporate law practice. Our corporate law team provides general counseling to clients on a variety of business issues including the formation of closely held companies, the purchase or sale of all or part of a business, the drafting of key agreements, and employee matters.
If you are thinking of starting a business, the attorneys at Smith & Wells, P.C. can provide you the necessary advice and counsel to get started. Our attorneys are also available to assist you in all aspects of corporate and business litigation.
Our attorneys can help our clients in the following areas:
- Setting up corporations and other business entities in Virginia and across the United States
- Setting up limited liability companies (LLCs)
- Drafting buy/sell agreements
- Drafting and negotiating corporate contracts
- Drafting employment agreements
- Handling employment issues
- Drafting real estate contracts and leases
- Serving as corporate counsel and registered agent
Contact us at 804-794-8070 or via the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.